Reach Truck Training Course Overview
These trucks operate a little differently to counterbalance trucks as they can reach forward once a load has been picked up. They are ideal for moving items from shelf to shelf inside a warehouse (vertically and horizontally) setting them apart from counterbalance trucks.
The RTITB Reach Truck Operator training course will give you the skills to operate a reach truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection, and recall the causes of truck and load instability. Operators should be trained to an essential level of skill to work with Reach trucks safely, efficiently and with competence.
We offer several forklift training courses here at 4KS, including our reach truck training course for novices (beginner), experienced forklift operators and those who need a refresher course. We also offer a reach truck training course that includes a conversion from counterbalance forklifts.
Our Reach truck training courses last between one and five days, depending on which course level you choose and can be conducted at our forklift training centre in Birmingham or Peterborough, or at your work premises, provided you have the appropriate facilities for forklift training.
Our Reach Truck Training Course covers, but is not limited to:
- Lift truck controls and instruments
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the truck
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Battery care
- Weight assessment
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Stacking and de-stacking
- The operators’ safety code
Course Duration (For 3 People)
- Novice candidate: 32.5 hours
- Experienced (but untrained) candidate: 19.5 hours
- Refresher (recommended every 3 years) candidate: 6.5 hours
- Conversion candidate: 13 hours
3:1:1 (3 trainees: 1 instructor: 1 truck)
For more information, please view our training videos below to see how our Reach ruck training courses are conducted.